BA School of Business and Finance (SBF) offers a student hostel for its students (local and international). The hostel is located at SBF building and provides 2-bed, 3-bed and 4-bed rooms for the students. The average rent is 78 EUR per month per one bed. There are washing machines and dryers for the needs of the students living in the hostel. The hostel is also used by ERASMUS students and SBF guests.
Student hostel is located in the School’s building K.Valdemara street 161, Riga (8th - 10th floor), which practically means that you are only a few floors away from your classes and other study activities in the school. It is very easy to travel to Riga city centre (10-15 minutes), good transport connections – Trolleybus No 3 (a bus with antennas) , Buses No 11 and 33, Tram No 11, and also several minibuses.
Nearby there are supermarkets RIMI, MAXIMA, big shopping mall SKY&MORE, sport and entertainment hall ARĒNA RĪGA (15 minutes walk from the school), City Zoo and famous rest area called MEŽAPARKS (15 minutes by tram, 10 minutes by car).
Most international students enjoy staying in the student hostel because it offers many advantages such as:
- 2-bed, 3-bed and 4-bed rooms with shower and sanitary facilities for very reasonable prices (single rooms are available if the hostel is not fully occupied)
- All rooms are furnished (single beds, closets, bedside tables, shelves, chairs, table, mirrors)
- A fridge in each block or room
- Common room with table games and TV
- Shared kitchen equipped with electric stoves, microwave, kitchen shelves, table, sinks
- Canteen in the 1st floor
- Gym in 2nd floor (for free)
- Wireless internet connection
- Laundry and drying
- Library and reading rooms equipped with computers
Price for the student hostel has been reduced for 15% in the academic year of 2010/2011, and now it ranges from 74 to 107 EUR per person for one month. Prices may vary depending on the room’s type and condition. The price includes monthly payments for electricity, heating, hot/cold water, TV cable, as well as linen and wireless internet connection. Students also will be charged a deposit payment for the amount of 71 EUR.
Prices for additional services:
Laundry: 1,6 EUR one cycle
Drying: 1,5 EUR one cycle
Iron with ironing-board: free of charge
Other practical information
- All payments can be made by both money transfer (at the reception in a lobby) and in cash (cash-desk in 7th floor)
- Till December 31, 2013, it is possible to pay in national currency only
- Linen has been changed once in a week (8th floor). There is a schedule on the information desk in each floor
- Payment for accommodation has to be made till 15th of date of each month
- Deposit payment for accommodation will be reimbursed within two weeks after your departure, if there are no damages made.