Physical Education at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw
Physical education classes aim to increase the students' general physical fitness and their technical skills in particular sports disciplines. Based on its financial, technical, and HR ability, the Sports Center organizes groups into different sport disciplines.
- BA, MA, and 5-year long uniform MA students, both in day and weekend studies, are required to take a class equivalent to 30hrs and 1 ECTS point PT.
- Students register for the PT classes selected via the Virtual University, during the regular class registration period, based on the provided schedule and registration rules of their department.
- Students participating in sports teams affiliated in the Academic Sports Association at SWPS take PT classes by participating in section trainings, they receive their PT credit from a coach.
- Students partcipating in sport activities and courses outside the Univerisity, or taking part in sports competitions, may apply for a PT credit in their Student Affairs' Office, if: A doctor's note neither provides a pass nor exempts the student from the PT course.
- They meet the requirement of min 30 teaching hours;
- They were awarded a certificate of participation in such activities or they possess documents certifying their participation in a sports competition.
- A doctor's note neither provides a pass nor exempts the student from the PT course.
- Students may get a PT credit by taking a replacement in the form of one of the e-learning courses, i.e. "Eat, Train, Love - home training, healthy dieting and fighting stress" or "Qualified tourism and extreme sports", which open each semester.
- When performing sports activities, students are required to follow the OSH regulations for the building where the classes take place.
- Three unjustified absences per semester are allowed. In the event of more than three absences, the student fails to get the PT credit.
- Any matters relating to PT classes which are not included in the present regulations are decided on by the course instructors and the Sports Center Management.