Lublin Medical University was originally a part of Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, whose schools of medicine and pharmacy were in 1950 transformed into the Medical Academy – first headed by its current patron Prof. Feliks Skubiszewski – and later into the Medical University.
The university trains pre- and post-degree doctors, dentists, pharmacists, medical analysts, licensed nurses, and nursing specialists with a university degree. As of 2011, the university has educated over 15,000 doctors, over 3,000 dentists, 6,500 pharmacists, and over 5,000 nursing specialists with a university degree. It currently has over 7,000 students. For the last ten years, the Medical University has also offered English-language programs for foreigners: currently over 800 of our students, from all over the world.